With so much information swirling around about viruses and germs living on surfaces and being transmitted through contaminated surfaces, it can be confusing to keep it all straight. A National Sanitation Foundation study found that your dish sponges and rags are the most bacteria-prone surfaces in your home. In fact, more than 75% of dish sponges and scrubbers tested positive for coliform bacteria, which is an indicator of fecal matter.
If you think you've read up on all of it and know how to keep everything sanitary, take the quiz below to test your knowledge. Be sure to enter your contact information for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
While it's incredibly helpful to keep your home sanitary, you should also expect the same from businesses you trust. Make sure your favorite taco spot or carpet cleaners have taken the Stay Safe to Stay Open pledge. If they have taken the pledge, you can expect them to:
- Check symptoms before work and stay home when sick.
- Wash their hands frequently and avoid touching our face and eyes.
- Practice social distancing including wearing face coverings in close common areas.
- Learn about high-risk groups and help protect them.
- Cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently.
- Follow public health guidance as updated.
To learn more about the Stay Safe to Stay Open pledge, visit their website.