News / Utah / 

Jeff Neslen

Bounce house sparks fire, power outages in Draper

By Gretel Kauffman, KSL | Posted - Sep. 19, 2019 at 7:01 p.m.

Show 1 more video

DRAPER — A bounce house and wayward gust of wind sparked a fire in Draper on Thursday, causing about 3,100 homes in the nearby area to lose power.

A business near 651 W. Galena Park Blvd. was setting up a corn maze for a Halloween event Thursday afternoon when the bounce house was picked up by the wind and pushed into a power line, according to the Draper Fire Department.

“A big gust of wind must have come and knocked it up and put it right over the top of the power lines and that was the big zap we heard, basically,” said Jeff Neslen, a neighbor who witnessed the incident.

No injuries were reported.

Gretel Kauffman

KSL Weather Forecast