PROVO — Residents in a section of Provo were allowed back in their homes after a gas leak caused an evacuation Thursday morning.
Homes on the west side of 500 West, between 300 South and 400 South, were evacuated, according to a tweet from the Provo City Council. About an hour later, the account tweeted that the gas line has been repaired and all evacuations were lifted.
From @provofire: Gas line break due to construction on 500 W, residence on the West side of 500 W from 300 S to 400 S have been evacuated while Dominion Energy works on repairs. Please avoid the area.— Provo City Council (@provocouncil) July 11, 2019
.@provofire reports: Gas line has been repaired and evacuation has been lifted.— Provo City Council (@provocouncil) July 11, 2019
Officials said the leak was caused by construction in the area. Dominion Energy crews were called to help fix the leak.
This story will be updated when more details are released.
Contributing: Carter Williams, KSL.com