WOODS CROSS — A man was struck by a Union Pacific train near 1500 South and 870 West in Woods Cross Monday morning.
The 40-year-old reportedly died by suicide when he stepped in front of a train passing near Woods Cross Elementary shortly after 8 a.m., Woods Cross police told KSL TV on scene.
The school is diverting incoming traffic to different areas, the school's principal, Eric Holmes, told KSL.com.
FrontRunner trains were temporarily stopped southbound at Woods Cross and northbound at North Temple but are now slowly moving through the area, the Utah Transit Authority tweeted. A bus bridge also was operating from Woods Cross to North Temple on Monday morning to get as many people through the area as possible.
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-226-4433
- Salt Lake County/UNI Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386