This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY — After week 3 of the NFL season, some familiar faces are standing out.
Alex Smith, Utah
Alex Smith had another efficient game as he led the Washington Redskins to a surprising 31-17 upset of the Aaron Rodgers-led Packers. Smith was 12-of-20 for a 60 percent completion percentage and 220 yards. He had two touchdowns and one interception through the air. He added seven rushes for 20 yards in the win.
Fred Warner, BYU
Warner continued his exceptional rookie campaign with the San Francisco 49ers this week, and had 11 total tackles. Warner is third in the NFL with 33 tackles in three games, averaging 11 tackles per week. The 49ers lost their game and their quarterback, Jimmy Garoppolo, for the season, but Warner looks like a bright spot on the defense.
Nick Vigil, Utah State
Vigil had another dominant game Sunday; although the Cincinnati Bengals lost the game to the Panthers 31-21. He led the Bengals with 12 tackles and was all over the field. He is tied for fourth in the NFL in total tackles.
Bobby Wagner, Utah State
Wagner had seven tackles Sunday for the Seattle Seahawks, who beat the Dallas Cowboys 24-13. Seven tackles tied for the team high that game. Wagner broke up two passes as well, one of which was caught by Earl Thomas for an interception.
- Taysom Hill (New Orleans Saints) - Hill was able to contribute in multiple ways. He had three rushes for 39 yards, with a long of 35 yards. He also had three kick returns for a net of 21.33 yards in an overtime win against the Atlanta Falcons.
- Kyle Van Noy (New England Patriots) - Van Noy was able to rack up seven total tackles in a loss to the Detroit Lions.
- Jamaal Williams (Green Bay Packers) - Williams had five rushes for 29 yards. He also had two receptions for 16 yards.
- Ezekiel Ansah (Detroit Lions) - Ansah was held out of Sunday night's win over the Patriots with a shoulder injury.
- Devontae Booker (Denver Broncos) - Booker took the ball 10 yards on five rushes. He also had five receptions for 34 yards in a loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
- Eric Weddle (Baltimore Ravens) - Weddle did well with five total tackles in the Raven’s win over Denver.
- Marcus Williams (New Orleans Saints) - Williams wrapped up five people in the Saints' overtime win over the Falcons.
- Nate Orchard (Buffalo Bills) - Orchard swatted away one pass in a win over the Vikings.
- Kaelin Clay (New York Giants) - Clay missed the game with an injury.
- Eric Rowe (New England Patriots) - Rowe was out due to an injury in a loss to the Lions.
- Derrick Shelby (Atlanta Falcons) - Shelby was out due to injury in a loss to the Saints.
- Kyler Fackrell (Green Bay Packers) - Fackrell had one tackle in a loss to the Redskins.
- Nevin Lawson (Detroit Lions) - Lawson had two tackles and a pass defended in a win against the Patriots.
- Robert Turbin (Indianapolis Colts) - Turbin is still out due to a suspension.
- Miles Killebrew (Detroit Lions) - Killebrew had one tackle in a win over the Patriots.
- LeShaun Sims (Tennessee Titans) - Sims had two tackles in a win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Taron Johnson (Buffalo Bills) - Johnson had seven total tackles and one pass break up.