Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
WRENTHAM, Mass. (AP) — A woman charged with threatening a Massachusetts newspaper reporter who had asked to be removed from her email distribution list has been deemed a danger to the public and ordered held without bail.
The MetroWest Daily News reports a judge ruled Tuesday that Amy Zuckerman was too dangerous for release. Zuckerman was arrested July 7 and was charged with making terroristic threats.
Police say the 64-year-old Shutesbury woman sent to a Walpole Times reporter an email that referenced shooting through the newsroom's window.
Zuckerman's attorney says she had been obsessing about the Capital Gazette shooting in Annapolis, Maryland, and worried something would happen at the Walpole newspaper. Attorney Ethan Yankowitz says Zuckerman hadn't exhibited violent behavior.
Prosecutors say Zuckerman is "unstable" and has displayed threatening behavior for years.
Information from: MetroWest Daily News (Framingham, Mass.), http://www.metrowestdailynews.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.