Herb Crusted Salmon
Prepared by John Miller, Executive Chef, Intermountain McKay-Dee Hospital
Yield: 5 Servings
5 each Atlantic Salmon, 4oz portion
3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp. Whole Grain or Brown Mustard
1 tbsp. Honey
2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
1 tsp. Fresh Tarragon, Chopped
2 tsp. Fresh Dill, Chopped
2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, Chopped
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the two mustards and honey.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the fresh herbs.
3. Lightly coat each piece of salmon with the mustard mixture, removing excess.
4. Transfer to the bowl with the mixed herbs, coating all sides evenly.
5. Preheat a skillet on medium heat for 2 minutes, add the olive oil. Carefully place each salmon fillet in the pan. Sear for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Turn over each fillet, if it is sticking, a tablespoon of water may be added to the pan to help it release.
7. Continue to cook for 4 more minutes or until an internal temperature of 145F is reached.
Serve with your favorite salad, grilled vegetables or rice pilaf.
Your Life Your Health: Herb Crusted Salmon with Intermountain Health
Herb Crusted Salmon
- Delta flight makes emergency landing in Oklahoma after Utah man 'headbutts' flight attendant, reports say
- Teen bullied with fake homecoming invite gets real one from pageant queen
- Fire updates: Crews gain containment on Pole Creek, Bald Mountain fires as evacuees return home
- Settlements reached in Native American foster care abuse cases against church
- Katoa's 2 TDs help No. 25 BYU pull away from FCS McNeese State, 30-3
- Maine officials investigating restaurant that calmed lobsters with marijuana
- AP source: Kavanaugh, Ford agree to testify on Thursday
- Authorities: East Idaho robbery suspect shoots Bingham County deputy
- Insurance agent stole 22 identities to forge life insurance applications, police say
- Women-owned businesses increasing in Utah and nationwide