Yield: 5 Servings
3¾ tsp. Olive Oil
2½ tbsp. Fresh Garlic, Chopped
1¾ cups Yellow Onion, Diced
3 cups Fresh Leeks, Chopped
3 cups Fresh Fennel, Cored, Chopped
3 tbsp. Fresh Sage, Chopped
2 ½ tbsp. Fresh Thyme, Chopped
¾ cup Dry Navy Beans
5 cups Water
2½ tbsp. Vegetable Base
4 cups Green Cabbage, Chopped
4 cups Fresh Roma Tomatoes, Chopped
2 cups Sweet Potatoes, Diced
3 tbsp. Italian Parsley, Chopped
1 tbsp. Fresh Sage, Chopped
1 tbsp. Fresh Thyme, Chopped
1. Heat oil in a pot, over medium/high heat. Sauté garlic, onion, leeks, fennel, sage and thyme until translucent.
2. Add water and pre-soak the white beans.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 1 hour until beans are tender.
4. Add cabbage, vegetable broth, chopped tomatoes, and sweet potatoes.
5. Simmer for another 20 minutes.
6. Add fresh sage, thyme and parsley to finish.
Equally ladle stew into bowls.
Lots of veggies in this hearty Ikarian stew
- Family grows concerned after Utah woman remains missing for nearly one week
- Jazz set the Suns in Jimmer's return
- Police searching for couple with gold-tipped dreadlocks after hatchet assault in Salt Lake
- Netflix adding 83, dropping 31 titles in April
- Linked by pain: 2 school massacre survivors, dad kill selves
- Murray homeowners catch burglary on video
- Trump administration now says entire Affordable Care Act should be struck down
- How Rudy Gobert broke the single-season NBA dunk record
- US experts: Too soon to pull breast implants tied to cancer
- Group asked Saratoga Springs boy for directions, did not attempt abduction, officials say