Utah Community Action’s mission is to empower individuals, strengthen families and build communities through self-sufficiency and education programs. They set themselves apart by offering care that starts with solving immediate challenges and continues with programs that provide ongoing support and empowerment. Through Utah Community Action’s Adult Education program, adults with low- to moderate-income levels get access to courses and certifications like English as a Second Language and high school diplomas. Access to these different areas helps each individual work towards self-sufficiency. Also offered is a Head Start program that provides education and health services to young children who would otherwise not be prepared for kindergarten. They do this by helping children develop important social and emotional skills. By removing barriers and providing access to education it helps to build and strengthen the community. For more information or to volunteer visit utahca.org. SelectHealth recognizes the important community role provided by Utah Community Action as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Utah Community Action
- After 4 years, murder charges filed in case of 3 missing Salt Lake men
- Provo Canyon remains closed after avalanche; classes canceled in Carbon School District
- 3 more men arrested in connection with Fashion Place mall shooting
- Pelosi cancels Afghanistan trip, citing Trump 'leak'
- Authorities identify man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Provo
- Utah’s 10 best winter activities (besides skiing or snowboarding) - SPONSORED
- Utah city appoints new mayor who pleaded guilty last year to DUI
- 1 in serious condition after Bountiful apartment fire, officials say
- Suspect in Provo officer shooting booked into jail on outstanding warrants
- FBI links Price bank robbery to string of robberies in 5 other states