Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY — A downtown intersection was temporarily closed after someone reported smoke coming from a manhole, fire officials said Monday evening.
Shortly after 5:30 p.m., crews were dispatched to 300 S. 200 East after someone saw some fire coming out of a manhole, Salt Lake City Fire Department officials said.
The intersection was temporarily shut down due to the incident.
Fire crews realized that there were carbon monoxide readings, so they treated it as a hazmat situation, officials said. Rocky Mountain Power was called in, shut down the power in the area and "handled the incident."