IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Longtime assistant football coach Bob Elliott has died following a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 64. Iowa, where Elliott played and later coached, announced his death. Elliott spent 38 years as an assistant for a number of high-profile schools, including the last five at Notre Dame. He was set to become an off-the-field defensive analyst for Nebraska this fall.
Here is the latest ACC sports news from The Associated Press
- 2 boys shot in Sandy; police looking for gunman
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- Why are jobs going unfilled if so many are still unemployed in hot Utah economy?
- More than a dozen guns seized from Tooele County house
- 'Something that we should be celebrating': Gov. Cox defends Jazz student scholarship program
- Donovan Mitchell has to be helped off the court in Jazz win over Pacers
- National park funding? Not for Utah
- Salt Lake police searching for man missing since late March
- 463 more COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, over 43K vaccinations reported Friday in Utah
- 70 evacuated after fire at Midvale apartment building