This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Former U.S. Open and Masters champion Angel Cabrera is being investigated for allegedly causing "minor injuries" to his ex-partner.
A spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office in Cordoba in western Argentina told The Associated Press on Thursday that Cabrera had been interviewed and released. He was not expected to offer more testimony, the office said.
The ex-partner Cecilia Torres Mana accused Cabrera of striking her, threatening her, and then attempting to run her down with a van. The events allegedly took place on Dec. 21 in the city of Villa Allende in the western province of Cordoba, where both reside.
The prosecutor's office said the case is still under investigation.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.