Police: Woman dies from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Investigators say an 82-year-old woman has died of what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning in her western Pennsylvania home.

Penn Hills Police Chief Howard Burton says authorities responded to the home around 8 p.m. Tuesday and found the woman dead. He tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette it appears that the victim forgot to turn her car off in an attached garage.

Burton says the woman's daughter went to the home after she couldn't get in touch with her and found her dead inside the house.

Authorities say the death appears to be accidental.

An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The Associated Press

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast