Smoldering fire from repair work caused blaze at Fargo bar

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Authorities say a fire that heavily damaged a popular bar and restaurant near the North Dakota State University campus in Fargo was likely the result of repair work.

Fargo Fire Department officials say the July 22 blaze at the Bison Turf started as a smoldering fire caused by work that was conducted earlier in the day.

The owner of the bar estimates that it will cost $1 million to repair the building.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Most recent U.S. stories

Related topics

The Associated Press


    Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast