Jake Vig (Edward Burns) doesn’t know just might get him killed. A sharp and polished grifter, Jake has just swindled thousands of dollars from the unsuspecting Lionel Dolby with the help of his crew Insideman Gordo (Paul Giamatti) and Shills Miles (Brian Van Holt) and Big Al and two corrupt LAPD officers Lloyd Whitworth (Donal Logue) and Omar Manzano (Luis Guzman). But when both Lionel and Big Al turn up dead, it becomes clear that Lionel wasn’t just any mark; as Jake soon learns, he was an accountant for eccentric crime boss Winston King (Dustin Hoffman). Never one to shy away from a challenge, Jake offers to repay "The King" by pulling off the biggest con of his career. The mark? Morgan Gillette, a banker with deep ties to organized crime. With so much riding on the outcome, Jake decides to bring in a brash, blonde pickpocket named Lily (Rachel Weisz), who joins the crew in a complex scheme involving corporate loans, creative accounting, wire transfers and off-shore accounts. The first sign of trouble comes when Lily arrives for work with a head of freshly dyed red hair, a bad omen if ever there was one. To make matters worse, Jake also must contend with his old nemesis, FBI agent Gunther Butan (Andy Garcia), The King’s henchman Travis (Morris Chestnut) and a double-crossing partner. Against these diminishing odds, Jake and his crew will have to stay one step ahead of both the criminals and the cops to finally settle their debt.
- Police identify man killed in motorcycle crash in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- 5 arrested in West Valley City alleged-kidnapping case that escalated into SWAT standoff
- Don't forget COVID-19 long-haulers: 'This isn't going to just go away'
- Officials identify injured deputies, suspect in shooting outside Salt Lake County Jail
- BYU, Weber State cheer, dance teams return home with national championship hardware (again)
- Cougar sighted in Draper neighborhood tranquilized, to be released into the wild
- Have You Seen This? Exactly what you expect when pulling something from a drain in Australia
- 344 more COVID-19 cases, over 19K vaccinations and no new deaths reported Sunday in Utah
- NASA's Artemis program will land the first person of color on the moon
- Man who fled from scene of Utah County hit-and-run dies after crashing into tree with police in pursuit