News / Utah / 

Garage destroyed, dog missing after Provo house fire

(Phil Shepherd)



Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

PROVO — Emergency crews responded to a house fire near 1100 North and Geneva Road in Provo Tuesday afternoon.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the garage but the home was damaged from smoke and water used to put out the fire, according to officials.

Investigators said they believe it started as a car fire in the garage and then spread. Everyone was able to get out of the house in time. The homeowner said her dog is missing, but thinks it was startled by the fire and will come back soon.

There is currently no estimate on the cost of damage done to the home.

The Utah Red Cross said they were giving aid to three people affected by the incident.

@UtahRedCross disaster volunteers assisted family of three after house fire in Provo. — UtahRedCross (@UtahRedCross) October 14, 2015

![](http://beacon.deseretconnect.com/beacon.gif?cid=328443&pid=4)

Tags

Utah
Ashley Kewish

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast