UK defense secretary says further drone attacks possible

By The Associated Press | Posted - Sep. 8, 2015 at 2:20 a.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

LONDON (AP) — Britain's defense secretary says further drone attacks against suspected jihadis in Syria are possible in the coming weeks if plots against Britain are being planned.

Michael Fallon told BBC Radio Tuesday that the government would not hesitate to use drones to prevent attacks against Britain from coming to fruition.

Fallon spoke one day after Prime Minister David Cameron revealed in Parliament that a missile fired from a Royal Air Force drone had been used in August against three jihadis in Syria. Two Britons were among the dead in the attack on a vehicle in Raqqa.

The defense secretary says there are other terrorists plotting against Britain from the Islamic State group stronghold inside Syria. He did not specify how many jihadis are believed to be actively plotting against Britain.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The Associated Press

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast