Correction: Man Shocked story

By The Associated Press | Posted - Aug. 31, 2015 at 5:41 p.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

LEHI, Utah (AP) — In a story Aug. 30 about a man who was injured when he came into contact an overhead powerline, The Associated Press reported erroneously in the slug and headline that he was electrocuted. He was critically injured, but did not die.

A corrected version of the story is below:

Man shocked while putting up pole in Lehi

Man critically injured putting up pole that touched power line in Lehi

LEHI, Utah (AP) — Utah authorities say a man was critically injured when the metal pole he was erecting touched a power line.

Police say it happened as the man was trying to hang an advertising banner near a housing development in Lehi on Saturday afternoon.

Lehi Police spokesman Chris Hadlock says the man, a subcontractor for the development company, received a shock when the metal pole touched the overhead transmission line.

He says the man suffered burns to his hands and one foot. But the impact caused him to fall and hit his head on a curb.

According to Hadlock, a passing motorist and four others stopped to render aid.

The man was airlifted to a hospital in critical condition. His name was not released.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The Associated Press

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast