Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SOUTH JORDAN — A garage fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage early Thursday.
South Jordan fire crews were called to 4313 Country Crossing (11400 South) about 1:30 a.m. They arrived to find heavy fire in the garage area, according to city spokeswoman Tina Brown.
Two women and a man were alerted to the fire by smoke detectors and were able to get out safely, she said, including a teenage girl who was scheduled to graduate from high school that morning.
A cause for the fire was not immediately known but was not considered suspicious, Brown said. Two cars were also destroyed in the garage fire.