News / Utah / 

South Jordan fire causes $100K in damage

(Mike Radice/KSL-TV)

15 photos

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SOUTH JORDAN — A garage fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage early Thursday.

South Jordan fire crews were called to 4313 Country Crossing (11400 South) about 1:30 a.m. They arrived to find heavy fire in the garage area, according to city spokeswoman Tina Brown.

Two women and a man were alerted to the fire by smoke detectors and were able to get out safely, she said, including a teenage girl who was scheduled to graduate from high school that morning.

A cause for the fire was not immediately known but was not considered suspicious, Brown said. Two cars were also destroyed in the garage fire.



Pat Reavy


    Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast