Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
WOOLWICH, N.J. (AP) — Students have returned to class in a New Jersey high school that had been evacuated after what police called a chemistry lab "mishap" that sent a dozen students and five faculty members to a hospital.
Kingsway Regional High School Superintendent James Lavender says something went wrong with an experiment at the school in southern New Jersey's Woolwich Township that released potentially toxic fumes around 7:40 a.m. Monday.
The 12 students in the class, their teacher and other staff who went into the room were taken by school bus to Crozer-Chester Medical Centers in Upland, Pennsylvania, for precautionary exams. Police say no one was seriously injured.
Lavender said he did not know what chemicals were involved in the fume release.
The school was evacuated for more than an hour.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.