News / Utah / Local

File photo

TJ Maxx evacuated due to 'toxic odor'

By Peter Samore | Posted - Apr 25th, 2014 @ 10:38am



MIDVALE — Emergency crews evacuated a TJ Maxx store Friday morning after receiving complaints of a toxic odor, according to the Cottonwood Heights Police Department.

Four employees at the store, located at 6995 S. 1300 East, reported feeling sick after reporting for work Friday morning and breathing what they called a toxic odor.

Two of the employees were taken to a hospital and all of them are expected to recover.

Unified Fire Authority crews responded and said chemical fumes from cleaning up after recent duct work on the building may be to blame.

Surrounding businesses were also evacuated as a precaution, but the evacuation was expected to be lifted by 11 a.m.

More details will be posted as they become available.

Peter Samore

KSL Weather Forecast

Updated: Saturday June 23, 2018 10:26 pm