News / Utah / Local

KSL TV

House fire detected by daughter, no one hurt

By Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted - Mar 23rd, 2014 @ 11:09pm



Show 1 more video

WEST JORDAN — A two-alarm house fire displaced an older couple Sunday morning, fire officials said.

The blaze started in the garage and spread to the attic of the house at 3711 W. 8850 South about 8:30 a.m., said West Jordan Fire Battalion Chief Duane Paxton. The couple's daughter noticed smoke and was able to get everyone out of the home safely. Red Cross came to offer help.

Firefighters had to run about 200 feet of hose to reach the house, which is set back from the street, Paxton said. He estimated damage at $70,000.

Dennis Romboy, KSL

KSL Weather Forecast

Updated: Tuesday April 24, 2018 5:26 am