It's B-B-Q season and we're getting some help to become Masters of the Grill. Bob and Randy Harmon are up bright and early with us this morning - getting us ready for the unofficial start of summer.
Grilled Vegetables with Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 eggplant, cut in to ½ inch coins
2 zucchini, cut on the bias (diagonal) into ½ inch slices
2 yellow squash, cut on the bias (diagonal) into ½ inch slices
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Place grill basket on grates to preheat.
3. Lightly brush cut vegetables with Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place vegetables on grill pan and allow to char, approximately 2-3 minutes.
5. Turn with tongs and repeat on the other side.
6. Remove from grill and lay on platter.
7. Once all vegetables are cooked, drizzle balsamic dressing (see recipe below) over vegetables and serve.
Ingredients for Vinaigrette
1 tbsp. shallots, minced
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon whole grain Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup Sciabica's Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Sciabica's Rosmary Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix vigorously until emulsified. Note - you will need to whisk again right before serving.
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Feta Cheese
8 ears of corn (husks peeled, silk removed, rinsed)
1 cup feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place feta cheese on plate. Ensure you make fine crumbles.
2. Heat grill on high.
3. Place corn on grille and allow to cook until grill marks appear.
4. Rotate corn to repeat the process until charred on all sides.
5. Remove from grill.
6. Roll each cob in the feta cheese.
7. Salt and pepper the corn and place on serving platter.
Grilled Pound Cake with Fruity Crema
1 Harmons Pound Cake, sliced into 3/4 inch slices
1/4 cup Windmill Farms Grain and Garden Red Raspberry Jam (or favorite flavor)
1/2 cup Cacique Crema
Taza Chocolate, Guajillo Chili Dar Chocolate
1. Place raspberry jam and crema in a bowl and whisk together until well combined. Reserve in a cool place.
2. Place slices of Pound Cake on hot grill and grill just until you get a nice crisp on one side and defined grill marks.
3. Turn and repeat on the other side.
4. Top with Crema.
5. Grate a dusting of Taza Chocolate on top.