News / Utah / 

Hyrum man dies after catching fire while burning weeds

By ksl.com | Posted - Apr 4th, 2013 @ 7:55pm


3 photos

HYRUM — A man died Thursday morning due to severe burns he received while burning weeds in his yard in Hyrum.

Ray Jessop, 81, had burns on 90 percent of his body after using a handheld propane torch to burn weeds in his yard on Wednesday, according to the Cache County Sheriff's Office. Witnesses said Jessop became engulfed in flames after trying to stomp on parts of the fire to put it out.

Jessop was airlifted by medical helicopter to the University of Utah Burn Center in Salt Lake City Wednesday afternoon where he died early Thursday morning.

Photos

Related Stories

ksl.com

KSL Weather Forecast

Updated: Sunday July 22, 2018 5:24 pm