News / Utah / Local

Barn fire causes roughly $15K in damages for Hooper owners

By David Self Newlin and Nkoyo Iyamba | Posted - Mar 3rd, 2013 @ 4:52pm


4 photos

HOOPER — A barn fire Saturday morning caused $15,000 to $20,000 in damages, officials said.

At about 11:45 a.m. neighbors called to report a fire in a 4-stall horse barn at 5300 South and 4700 West, according to Capt. Chuck Stokes wit the Weber Fire District.

When firefighters arrived, the barn was about 50 percent involved. Nevertheless, they were able to keep the fire at bay and had it contained in less than 30 minutes.

"We were able to get good access to the fire and knock it down quickly and put it put quickly and save any further damage," he said.

No horses or humans were harmed in the fire, Stokes said. the owners were not home at the time.

Stokes said that their working theory as to the cause is that a water trough heater shorted out, sparking the blaze.

An investigation is still ongoing.


Photos

KSL Weather Forecast

Updated: Wednesday April 25, 2018 5:06 am