Estimated read time: 4-5 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY — The holiday season is here, and with it come plenty events to keep your spirits merry despite the cold.
Do you know of any events happening around New Year's? Email us, or tweet @kslcom. We'll include them in our New Year's event listing.
Salt Lake Valley
- Dec. 14: Ceremony of Carols at the Cathedral of the Madeleine, 331 E. South Temple. More info here.
- Dec. 14: Winter Wonderland at Hillcrest Junior High, 126 E. 5300 South, Murray. 7 p.m. $5 general admission, $15 per family. Young Choral Artists performing.
- Dec. 14-Dec. 15: Utah Dickens' Christmas Festival at the Utah State Fairpark, 155 N. 1000 West, Salt Lake City. More info here.
- Dec. 15: Breakfast with Santa on the Moon at the Clark Planetarium, 110 S. 400 West, Salt Lake City. Breakfast, a picture with Santa on the Moon and a special screening of Santa vs. The Snowman in the ATK IMAX Theatre. More info here.
- Dec. 16: Messiah Sing-Along at the Jordan Oaks LDS stake center, 8117 S. Leslie Dr. (3905 West). 7 p.m. West Jordan Symphony hosts community singalong of Handel's beloved oratory.
- Dec. 17, 18, 24: Carol services at the Cathedral of the Madeleine. Religious services with a special Christmas program. More info here.
- Dec. 18, 20: FM 100 Holiday Concert, 12 p.m. at the central court at South Towne Mall, Sandy. More info here.
- Dec. 20: 26th Annual Christmas Carol Sing-Along at Energy Solutions Arena with Collin Raye. Free admission. More info here.
- Dec. 21: A Christmas Carol at the Hale Centre Theatre. (All other shows sold out.) More info here.
- Dec. 14-Dec. 22: Holiday Market at Gallivan, 239 S. Main Street, Salt Lake City. Focus on local and homemade goods.
- Dec. 14-Dec. 25: Holiday Window Wonderland, downtown Salt Lake City. More info here.
- Dec. 14-Dec. 29: The Nutcracker, Ballet West. Ticket information here.
- Dec. 14-Jan. 1: Zoo Lights at the Hogle Zoo, beginning at 5:30 p.m. More info here.
- Dec. 14-Dec. 22: Christmas Cruise on the Provo River, 3606 W. Center Street. Mon., Tues., Fri., Sat. Lighted riverboat ride on the lower Provo River. For more information call 801-373-1897.
- Dec. 14-Dec. 29: Holiday lights every evening at Thanksgiving Point. More than 1 million twinkling lights strung along a one-mile path. Charge per car.
- Dec. 14-Jan. 1: 20th annual Spanish Fork Festival of Lights, 3300 E. Powerhouse Rd. More info here.
East of the valleys
- Dec. 14-Dec. 15: North Pole Express Christmas Train, Heber Valley Railroad, 450 S. 600 West, Heber. Times, admission here.
- Dec. 14-15: River Meadows Ballet presents The Nutcracker at the Wasatch High School auditorium, 930 S. 500 East. More info here.
- Dec. 14-15: Osmonds 2nd Generation Christmas at the Midway Town Hall, 145 W. Main, Midway. Fri. 6 p.m., Sat. 7:30 p.m. Dinner and Christmas show fundraiser. More info here.
- Dec. 14-Dec. 31: Fantasy at the Bay Christmas Festivities, Willard Bay State Park, 900 W. 650 North, Willard. More info here.
- Dec. 14-Jan. 1: Ogden's Christmas Village, 2500 Grant Avenue. Info on Santa greetings, etc. here.
- Dec. 15: Country Christmas Feast and Barn Dance, American West Heritage Center, Wellsville. 6 p.m.-8 p.m. More info here.
- Dec. 15: Polar Express Party at the Whittier Community Center, 290 N. 400 East, Logan. $5 admission at door. More info here.
- Dec. 20: Cache Symphony at the Tabernacle, 50 n. Main Street, Logan. "Good Tidings of Comfort and Joy." 7 p.m. More info here.
- dec. 27: Faraday's Holiday Event at the Whittier Center, 290 N. 400 East, Logan. A festival of science for kids. More info here.