Estimated read time: 3-4 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Nestled in the heart of the Sanpete Valley in Moroni Utah, Nutri-Mulch® produces one of the most advanced natural compost products in the industry. Optimized by over twenty years of testing and research, this product is created from the natural wood shaving used as bedding and turkey manure from five million turkeys grown by Moroni Feed Company.
Whether you are planting a new lawn, rejuvenating an existing flower bed or conditioning a garden, ensure exceptional results when your lawn and garden is powered by Nutri-Mulch®.
Nutri-Mulch® is a natural compost perfected through over 20 years of research and testing. This product provides nutrients which slow release providing longer plant feeding than synthetic fertilizer. In addition, Nutri-Mulch® will loosen tightly bound particles in clay improving root structure, water -drainage and air penetration; no need to purchase other products for this purpose. —Wood shavings remain in the compost decompose, which, aided by the abundant, available nitrogen does not compromise plant nutrition.
Nutri-Mulch® is derived from the production of five million turkeys in the Sanpete Valley of Utah by Moroni Feed Company. Used turkey bedding (wood shavings containing their manure) is collected at a central processing facility. This byproduct is placed in long windrows and moistened to an optimal level. The composting process begins and reaches temperatures as high as 150 degrees Farenheit. This natural process is accomplished by aerobic bacteria, critical to composting. The result is a weed free compost with no harsh aroma and stellar growing properties.
Composition and Analysis: Nutri-Mulch® is a superior amendment of neutral pH containing soil enriching nutrients in the form of large organic molecules which remain in the soil where they are placed and are bio-available to the plant roots when needed. Guaranteed to have an N:P:K ratio of 1:1:1, Nutri-Mulch® also contains many other micro-nutrients which greatly enhance plant growth and health.
• Garden and Plant Bed Usage: Apply 1-2" of Nutri-Mulch® to the ground surface and till to a depth of 4-6". Proceed to plant as normal or add sod on the surface.
• Tree & Shrub Planting: Mix Nutri-Mulch® in a 25-35% ratio with backfill soil to be placed around the roots.
• Top Dressing: Spread Nutri-Mulch® ¼" deep over existing sod and water well. Nutri-Mulch® is not recommended as top dressing in flower beds and gardens because it is so find that the wind blows it away or water will cause to float away. For this reason it is recommended it be worked into the soil in around plants in existing beds.
Superior results are reported as gardeners use this product as directed. Healthier yards, more robust vegetable and fruit production and decreased water usage are just a few of the benefits reported by Nutri-Mulch® customers. Don't your customers deserve plants and lawns powered by Nutri-Mulch®?
Nutri-Mulch® is one of the most advanced composting solutions on the market. Here are just a few of the benefits that exist when your lawn or plants are powered by Nutri-Mulch®:
• Nutri-Mulch contains soil-enriching nutrients in the form of large organic molecules which retained in the soil and bio-available to the plants when needed.
• Bacteria contained in Nutri-Mulch® breaks down organic material into available nutrients.
• Compost augments soil structure, reducing the chance of erosion.
• Compost enriched soil encourages beneficial insects keeping soil well aerated.
• Compost will improve existing soil properties encouraging healthy root structure.
• Compost will reduce the need for synthetic fertilizer use.
• Nutri-Mulch® nutrients are slow released over months or even years, significantly reducing the need for chemical pesticides.
• A 5% increase in organic material quadruples soils water holding capacity.
Nutri-Mulch + P.O. Box 368 Moroni, UT 84648