Estimated read time: 3-4 minutes
SALT LAKE CITY — Halloween has come and will soon be gone, and the aftermath can often create a lull between now and the holiday season.
Many Utahns celebrated the freaky holiday in style. Utah's first Giant Smashing Pumpkins event saw the squashes splatter in the arena's parking lot. The pumpkins were full of prizes that spectators then scrambled to claim.
Additionally, Middle-schoolers awakened the "funk of 40,000 years" for Halloween on Wednesday.
About 90 sixth- and eighth-graders danced to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" on the school's playground in their Halloween costumes as part of the school's celebration of the holiday.
Chances are, the majority of us will be enjoying a sugar high for the next several days. Since you'll be up and about already, here are a few ideas for things to do throughout Utah.
Are there events you'd like to see included? Email us, or tweet @kslcom with the hashtag #StuffToDo.
Salt Lake Valley
- Oct. 29-Nov. 3: Bagley Cartoons Utah: Easiest Job in the World presented by the Pioneer Theatre Company at Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre, U of U. 300 S.1400 East, Salt Lake City. Monday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-12:00pm. Free admission.
- Oct. 29-Nov. 3: Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street at Diamond Lil's Steak House, 1528 W. North Temple, Salt Lake City. More info here.
- Nov 1: Artist Talk - Jann Haworth, Free admission, Utah Museum of Fine Arts 410 Campus Center Drive Salt Lake City, UT 84112, 7:00 pm. More info here.
- Nov. 1 & Nov. 2: Why Worry?, presented at Edison Street Events, 3331 South Edison Street Salt Lake City, UT 84115, $6/Adults, $5/Children, call (801) 485-9265 for more information.
- Nov. 2: Downtown Provo gallery Stroll. Music, art, theater and more in historic downtown Provo, Center Street and University Avenue. Free admission. 6 p.m.-9 p.m. East of the valleys
- Oct. 31-Nov. 4: Heber Valley Cowboy Poetry and Buckaroo Fair at Wasatch High School, 930 S. 500 East, Heber City. One of the largest cowboy poetry gatherings; draws more than 40,000 attendees. More info here.
- Nov. 1 - Nov. 3: Antelope Island: Working of the Bison at Antelope Island State Park, 4528 W. 1700 South, Syracuse. $9 per car admission to state park. More info here.
- Nov. 1 - Nov. 3: African Festival, Eccles Community Art Center, 2580 Jefferson Avenue Ogden, Utah 84401, $15. More info here.
- Oct. 28-Nov. 1: Moab Folk Camp at the Moab Arts & Recreation Center, 111 E. 100 North, Moab. Five days of hands-on workshops ranging from songwriting and singing, to guitar, banjo, mandolin, ukulele and more.
- Oct. 29-Nov. 10: Art Quilts, Fabric Collage and Embroidery Exhibit at the Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery, 351 W. University Blvd., Cedar City. More info [here](<www.suu.edu/pva/artgallery >).
- Nov. 3: Provo Canyon Escape, West of Bridal Veil Falls, parking is LIMITED, carpooling recommended. More info here.
- Oct 12 — Dec 31: BYU Planetarium Shows, $2, Fridays at 2pm, more info here.