This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY — Does anyone else feel like Halloween has been approaching forever, but is never actually going to get here? It's OK, though, because we have a few more Halloween activities for you to enjoy before the day arrives.
Are there events you'd like to see included? Email us, or tweet @kslcom with the hashtag #StuffToDo.
- Halloween Scream Film Fest at the Weber County Library Pleasant Valley Branch, 5568 Adams Ave., Ogden. 6:30 p.m. free screening of Zombieland, preceded by a discussion with Russ Adams, a prop designer and costume maker.
Oct. 25- Annual Pumpkin Walk at Founders Park, 300 N. 100 East, Centerville. Take carved pumpkins to park by 5:30 p.m. Pumpkins will be lit between 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Prizes awarded at 8:30 p.m. for spookiest, funniest, most creative, cutest and best- designed pumpkins. Hot cider and doughnuts.
Oct. 26- Candy Shop War: Arcade Catastrophe launch party and book signing by #1 New York Times bestselling author Brandon Mull. 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Thanksgiving Point Gardens, 3003 N. Thanksgiving Way, Lehi. Record-setting marshmallow fight to begin at 5 p.m. Free admission.
- Ghost Town: Halloween Dance Production at DF Dance Studio, 2978 South State Street, Salt Lake City. Halloween-themed dance shows. $10 at the door. 9 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Pumpkin patch and spooky trail at North Canyon Park, 400 East and Bountiful Blvd. 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Spooky trail 6-6:30 for younger children, 6:30-7 p.m. for older children. Tickets are 25 cents each (some activities may be more than one ticket). All food items are $1. Activities include bounce house, doughnut eating contest, spooky story teller, fish pond, bean bag toss, free Halloween coloring contest.
- Fall Festival at the American West Heritage Center, 4025 S. Hwy 89-91, Wellsville. $6 adult, $5 students, seniors, kids, military ID. Tickets include 7-acre corn maze, giant hay jump, spiderweb rope climb, kids' maze, gourd launcher, giant slide, black out maze, BB gun range, pony and train rides. 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Halloween Spooktacular at the Discovery Gateway Museum, Salt Lake City. 11 a.m.-5 p.m., free with admission. More info here.
Salt Lake Valley
- Oct. 2231: Haunted Village at This is the Place Heritage Park, 2601 E. Sunnyside Ave., Salt Lake City. $15 per person, gates open at 7:30 p.m. More info here.
- Oct. 2227: Halloween Hoot on Tracy Aviary, 589 E 1300 S, Salt Lake City. Bird show, story time and Halloween crafts. More info here.
- Oct. 22-31: Witch Scavenger Hunt in Gardner Village, 1100 W. 7800 South, West Jordan. More information here.
- Oct. 25: A Day for Nathan at 11887 S. 4000 West, Riverton. 12 p.m.-3 p.m. Pumpkin patch, silent auction, appearance by Mia Love.
Utah Valley- Oct. 22-31: Max Zipline canopy tour in Provo Canyon. Monday through Saturday. More info here.
- Oct. 26-27: Payson Community Theater Presents: A Nightmare on Broadway — Musical Selections From Broadway's Creepiest Shows. 7:30 p.m. at the Payson High School auditorium, 1050 S. Main Street, Payson. $8 per person; tickets available at the door or here.
- Oct. 26-27: "Spooks for Shelters" Halloween buffet to benefit the Utah Food & Care Coalition homeless shelter. $20 at the TimberWolf Grill at the Hobble Creek Golf Course, 5984 Hobble Creek Canyon Road. Tickets can be purchased at the restaurant or by calling 801-489-2783.
- Oct. 27: The Zombie Chase 5K obstacle course in the Provo-Springville Borderlands. More info here or on Facebook.
- 50th year of Pumpkinland at Vineyard Garden Center, 435 S. Geneva Road, Orem. $4 per person ages 3 and up. Corn Maze, bounce houses and slides, animals, multiple playgrounds, "light alley." Selection of pumpkins, gourds, indian corn and fall squash. Mon.-Sat. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. For more info call 801-225-4367 or visit www.vineyardgardencenter.com.
East of the valleys
- Oct. 2227: Heber Valley Railroad Pumpkin Festival, 450 S. 600 West. Creative pumpkin decoration, children activities at the Train Depot and entertainment, 45-minute train ride across Heber Valley. Two trains each afternoon, 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. More info here.
- Oct. 22-27: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow in Concert at the Cache County Fairgrounds. Ticket/show info here.
- Oct. 25: First Backlot Film Festival at Viewmont High School, 5:30 p.m. Hosted by Richard Sharrah of Kid History. $5 per ticket to enjoy student produced films. Tickets can be purchased here or at the door.
- Oct. 26-27: Activities at the Brigham City Family Fun Center, 15 E 500 North, Brigham City.
- Oct. 26, 5:00pm: Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom Tournament: $8/person with advance registration, $10/person after Thursday, October 25. This game tournament will be played on a 200" screen with our 1080p projector.
- Oct. 26, 7:00pm-11:00pm: Live local bands organized by "Formal". There will be space for dancing. Entrance to this is free. For those who where a costume, they will receive $2 off our regular price of miniature golf and $1 off our regular price of bowling. We will also have our LED/laser lights on and the band's music will be played through our sound system which includes our new 18" subwoofer. We will also be debuting our new caramel apple cheesecake during this event at our snack bar. There's no alcohol, so it will be a fun party for teens and adults.
- Oct. 27, all day, for those wearing a costume, $2 off the regular price of haunted miniature golf and $1 off our regular price of bowling. Kids art projects will be available all day for free.
- Oct. 27: Flashlight Horror Extravaganza at the Haunted Hollow, 7:30 p.m.-midnight. Portion of proceeds to benefit the YCC charity in Ogden. Alternatively, donations count as follows:
- $6 off for coat
- $3 off for a package of toilet paper
- $2 off for canned and non-perishable foods
- $2 of every ticket sold to YCC