This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
TOOELE — Larry H. Miller and associated companies are raising money to benefit the Special Olympics this year in the second annual Million Miles at Miller cycling event.
Those interested in participating in either the century, metric century or 30 mile rides can register now.
All ridesbegin with a lap around the Miller Motorsports Park closed-course race track, continue through Tooele County, and finish with a final lap around the track.
There will also be a 4.5 mile Family Fun ride around the track at Miller Motorsports Park.
• A SWAG bag valued at over $100 in prizes for all century, metric century, and 30 mile riders
• An opportunity to ride on a world-class race track
• A challenging ride through Tooele County
• Family friendly 4.5 mile ride around the track—all types of bicycles are welcome
• Fabulous post-race barbeque for all century, metric century, and thirty mile participants
• Kids' Zone with bounce houses, rock climbing, face painting, bicycle rodeo, and lots morev • Reduced karting and zip line combo passes available for purchase on site
• Great vendors to visit and sample product
• Ample feed stations for riders at the Miller Motorsports track and throughout the courses Volunteer opportunities are available by contacting Carisa Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"We are excited about the changes to this year's event," said Jay Francis, Executive Vice President of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies. "With more route options, Million Miles at Miller caters to all cyclists—from avid competitors to kids on tricycles. This really is an event for all ages with the Family Fun Ride around the track and an all-day Kids' Zone."
Century, metric century, and 30 mile participants are required to raise a minimum of $100, but all proceeds benefit Special Olympics Utah and Larry H. Miller Charities. No fundraising is required for the Family Fun Ride. Registration is only $15 for a family of eight.
"We are thrilled to partner with such a top-notch organization," Francis said. "Special Olympics Utah is a great part of our community and creates athletic opportunities to an amazing group of athletes." Whoever raises the most money will get a trip for two to an away game on the Utah Jazz team charter plane.
To register for the ride, please log on to www.millionmilesatmiller.com.