News / Utah / 

Families escape apartment fire

By KSL.com | Posted - Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:54 a.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MIDVALE — Several families were forced out of their homes overnight after an apartment fire.

The fire started at a second floor apartment near 7900 South and Allen Street in Midvale. Firefighters were able to knock it out quickly and kept it from spreading.

The apartment above the fire had smoke damage and the one below suffered water damage.

A young girl and a man that live on the third floor both had minor injuries. They were burned as they went down the stairs past the fire.

Fire officials say the flames caused about $80,000 in damage. They still don't know what started the fire.

KSL.com

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast