Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
A chef from The Cheesecake Factory shares some ideas for pampering your mom this Mother's Day, including a recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.
· 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 Tbsp. baking powder
· 1 tsp. kosher salt
· 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
· 2 ea. eggs
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
· 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
· 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
· 2 Tbsp. lemon zest (minced)
· 2 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
Serving Size: 8 pancakes
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing blow. Stir all of the ingredients together until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Pour the buttermilk into another mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla and oil into the bowl.
- Add the ricotta cheese, sugar and lemon zest into the bowl with the buttermilk. Using a wire whisk, gently stir the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Add the flour mix into the bowl with the buttermilk and the ricotta cheese. Continue to fold the ingredients together until evenly combined with a few small lumps remaining in the batter. Do not over mix the batter.
- Heat 1/4 tsp. of vegetable oil on a griddle or in a large non-stick pan. Using a 4 oz. ladle, pour the batter onto the griddle or into the non-stick pan, forming one pancake that is 6" in diameter.
- Cook the pancakes for approximately 2 1/2 minutes or until the edges begin to dry and puff up with little air bubbles appearing over the top surface of the pancakes.
- Flip each pancake over and continue to cook for another 1 1/2 minutes or until done.
- Bon Appétit