Scientists have thrown new light on the mechanism behind the mass death of corals worldwide as the Earth's climate warms. Coral bleaching, one of the most devastating events affecting coral reefs around the planet, is triggered by rising water temperatures. It occurs when the corals and their symbiotic algae become heat-stressed, and the algae which feed the corals either die or are expelled by the coral. Read More ...
Corals can sense what's coming
- National park funding? Not for Utah
- Queen appears for Prince Philip's funeral procession
- 2 boys shot in Sandy; police looking for gunman
- Why are jobs going unfilled if so many are still unemployed in hot Utah economy?
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- More than a dozen guns seized from Tooele County house
- 'Something that we should be celebrating': Gov. Cox defends Jazz student scholarship program
- Headspace of a high-net-worth individual - SPONSORED
- 463 more COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, over 43K vaccinations reported Friday in Utah
- Donovan Mitchell has to be helped off the court in Jazz win over Pacers