This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY -- Salt Lake Magazine is currently featuring its "Best of the Beehive" issue. It covers the best things to see, hear, taste and experience in Utah.
Editor Jeremy Pugh gave the KSL morning show a sampling of some of the Best.
Best of Food & Drink
- Best New Soft Drink: Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray at Ninth South Deli, 931 E. 900 South
- Best Milkshake: Tonyburgers, 613 E. 400 South, SLC or 331 Parrish Lane, Centerville
- Best Root Beer: Homemade from Hires Big H Root Beer Extract, recipe at hiresbigh.com
Best of Family:
- Best mother/daughter date: Chocolate class at Caputo's, $25 per person
- Best spot for kids to meet VIPs: Discovery Gateway
Best of Outdoors:
- Best hike: From Millcreek Canyon's Little Water Trial to Murdock Peak above the Canyons resort in Park City (details in Salt Lake Magazine)
- Best Way to Work Your Core: Stand-up paddleboarding at utahpaddlesurfing.com
Best of Shopping:- Best "So Cheap It's Almost Free" Deal: Whiskey Militia, a SLC-based daily deal site, Whiskeymilitia.com
- Best Jeans:
Best Denim for Dudes - Mary Jane's Denim Bar, 613 Main St., Park City
Best Jeans for Ladies - Lola Bella Boutique, The Gateway
Design Denim on a Dime - Big Rock Clothing, 1003 W. 3160 South, SLC