News / Utah / 

Fire guts house in Millcreek

By | Posted - Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:09 a.m.

3 photos

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MILLCREEK -- Fire gutted a home in Millcreek Wednesday morning.

Crews say the fire began around midnight in the kitchen of a house near 2200 East and 2800 South.

A woman was asleep inside. Firefighters say her dog woke her up. The woman and all of her dogs and cats in the home got out safely through the back door.

Battalion Chief Brad Lynn with the Unified Fire Authority said, "(There is) considerable damage to the home. They won't have to tear it down, but it's not livable. They'll have to do quite a bit of repair before it's livable."

Firefighters haven't determined the cause.



    Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast