News / Utah / 

Firefighters Put Out House Fire Caused by Smoldering BBQ

Firefighters Put Out House Fire Caused by Smoldering BBQ



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) Firefighters also battled a blaze at a house in Salt Lake this morning.

Crews responded to smoke and flames coming from the roof of the house. In the back yard, the homeowner was trying to fight the flames with a garden hose.

Firefighters Put Out House Fire Caused by Smoldering BBQ

Firefighters were able to put out the blaze quickly, but not before it caused between $50,000 and $100,000 damage. Investigators say it was probably sparked by ashes from a barbecue smoldering in a garbage can from yesterday.

They warn to fully extinguish barbecue ashes and fireworks before disposing of them.

Firefighters Put Out House Fire Caused by Smoldering BBQ

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast