This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
ROY — A family is without their home after an early morning fire burned it to the ground Saturday.
The home's residents, two adults and two children, were not home at the time of the fire, but neighbors had noticed smoke coming from the unit, located within the Viewmont Mobile Home Park, 1971 W. 3920 South, and called police at about 4 a.m.
Firefighters are investigating the cause of the fire, but believe it was caused by faulty electrical wiring, according to Chief Jon Ritchie. He said the home is a complete loss.