Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SOUTH SALT LAKE -- The family of a 10-year-old boy killed in an apartment fire in South Salt Lake has filed a wrongful death suit.
The suit alleges that the management of the Royal Garden Apartments did not properly maintain fire alarms, creating dangerous conditions.
Jackson Avery died Jan. 18, 2010, after becoming trapped in his family's apartment by a fire started by a Christmas tree. Jackson's mother and 18-year-old brother got out safely.
The lawsuit does not specify the amount of the damages being sought.