Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
(KSL News) -- The makers of Thomas The Train are recalling more than 1,000,000 toys.
RC2 Corp., of Oak Brook, Ill., which imports and distributes the toy, issued the recall because paint on the toys contains lead and could be toxic if ingested by young children.
There have been no injuries reported. The recall covers wooden vehicles, buildings and other parts sold from January 2005 through June 2007 for between $10 and $70.
The front of the packaging has the logo "Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway" on the upper left-hand corner. A manufacturing code may be located on the bottom of the product or inside the battery cover. Toys marked with codes containing "WJ" or "AZ" are not included in this recall.
If you own one of the recalled toys, take it away from young children and contact RC2 Corp. at at (866) 725-4407 for a replacement toy.
Recalled toys include:
- Red James Engine & Red James' # 5 Coal Tender
- Red Lights & Sounds James Engine & Red James' #5 Lights & Sounds Coal Tender
- James with Team Colors Engine & James with Team Colors #5 Coal Tender
- Red Skarloey Engine
- Brown & Yellow Old Slow Coach
- Red Hook & Ladder Truck & Red Water Tanker Truck
- Red Musical Caboose
- Red Sodor Line Caboose
- Red Coal Car labeled "2006 Day Out With Thomas" on the Side
- Red Baggage Car
- Red Holiday Caboose
- Red "Sodor Mail" Car
- Red Fire Brigade Truck
- Red Fire Brigade Train
- Deluxe Sodor Fire Station
- Red Coal Car
- Yellow Box Car
- Red Stop Sign
- Yellow Railroad Crossing Sign
- Yellow "Sodor Cargo Company" Cargo Piece
- Smelting Yard
- Ice Cream Factory (Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten.)