News / Utah / 

Homeowner Wakes Up to Garage Fire

Homeowner Wakes Up to Garage Fire



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) Early this morning a man woke up to find his entire garage on fire.

Dennis McKone, assistant to the fire chief for the Salt Lake City Fire Department, said, "Apparently his dog was barking. Woke him up. The next thing he heard was like a boom. He looked out and his garage was on fire."

Homeowner Wakes Up to Garage Fire

The house is located near 800 East Garfield Ave.

The fire spread to an adjacent fence and knocked down a power line. Crews were able to quickly put it out before anyone was injured.

No word yet on the cause, but damages are estimated between $10,000 and $15,000.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast