News / Utah / 

Fire Breaks Out at Magna Apartment

Fire Breaks Out at Magna Apartment

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) One man is hauled away in handcuffs but later released after a fire breaks out at an apartment in Magna.

Late last night, fire came shooting out of the windows of the apartment at 8000 West 3500 South. Crews were able to quickly put it out, but renters will not be able to go back until later today.

When KSL arrived, one man was in handcuffs on the sidewalk. Police tell us he is the renter's nephew and was seen leaving the area shortly before the fire broke out.

He was taken in for questioning, but officials have since determined the fire was possibly caused by an electrical malfunction.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast