News / Utah / 

Faulty Lamp Cord Blamed for Apartment Fire

Faulty Lamp Cord Blamed for Apartment Fire



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) Four families are displaced after their apartment complex nearly goes up in flames.

Late last night a woman came home to find her apartment at 7100 South Redwood Road on fire. The man she lived with was sleeping, despite the smoke and flames. She was able to wake him up, and they both got out unharmed.

Apparently, a problematic lamp cord started the fire.

The other units in the building had some smoke damage, so all the residents had to find other places to sleep for the night.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast