News / Utah / 

Cause of Death for Woman Who Passed Away on Her Wedding Night was Methadone

Cause of Death for Woman Who Passed Away on Her Wedding Night was Methadone



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) Methadone caused the death of a woman who passed away on her wedding night.

We first told you about the death of Jennifer Bennett Goodall in December when her new husband awoke to find her dead beside him. Goodall had been a drug addict but had overcome the problem and was an anti-narcotics spokeswoman.

Family members claimed she was not taking any drugs at the time of her death, but the State Medical Examiner's Office says the cause of death was acute methadone toxicity.

Methadone is a drug used by some former addicts to help them stay clean.

Related links

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast