News / Utah / 

Chemical Explosion in Logan

Chemical Explosion in Logan

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) Logan police and hazmat teams responded to a chemical explosion this afternoon. It happened at a company called Frontier Scientific, which manufactures chemicals for pharmaceutical research.

While distilling a chemical in a glass flask, the venting system became clogged, causing it to explode. The 35-year-old man who was watching over the distillation was burned.

Chemical Explosion in Logan

He also suffered shrapnel wounds to his face, chest, hands and arms from the exploding glass. He is in the hospital, but his injuries are not considered life-threatening.

The chemical, 4-Bromoindole, is considered harmful if inhaled, swallowed, or absorbed through the skin.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Catch up on the top news and features from, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast