News / Utah / 

Apartment Fire Likely Started With Space Heater

Apartment Fire Likely Started With Space Heater



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) An early morning fire that destroyed a Salt Lake City apartment is being blamed on a space heater.

Investigators say it was accidental. The space heater was too close to a bed.

When crews arrived at 1300 West 900 South smoke was billowing out of the windows, but they quickly put out the fire.

Officials say the home was divided into four apartments. All 11 residents got out safely. The apartment where the fire started is considered a complete loss. Another apartment has major smoke damage, and two basement apartments have water damage.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast