Officials identify Pleasant Grove man found dead on I-80 near Saltair
A man found dead on I-80 near the Saltair early Sunday morning has been identified, Utah Highway Patrol officials report.
Latest News & Features
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 19th - 10:44pm
A wildfire in Montana's Glacier National Park is forcing more evacuations and has burned within a half-mile of the scenic Going-to-the-Sun Road.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Aug 19th - 10:13pm
After David Cross promoted his stand-up show in Utah with a Twitter photo of him appearing to wear garments like those worn by many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the University of Utah first appeared to endorse the post.
Nate Sunderland, EastIdahoNews.com | Posted Aug 19th - 9:52pm
A massive fire destroyed The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints chapel in Swan Valley in 2016. Since then the congregation has been looking forward to the day when they could use and worship in their own building again. After months of construction that day will finally arrive next week.
Rod Zundel, KSL TV | Posted Aug 19th - 8:38pm
Dusty Fielding fired seven birdies for a 5-under-par 67 to clinch the $20,000 grand prize and first place at the 2018 Siegfried and Jensen Utah Open at the Riverside Country Club in Provo.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Aug 19th - 8:05pm
Police arrested a man Saturday after they say he held his phone under a dressing room door where a 12-year-old girl was changing in a Salt Lake store.
Meera Senthilingam, CNN | Posted Aug 19th - 7:37pm
A low-carb or high-carb diet raises your risk of death, a new study suggests, with people eating the food staple in moderation seeing the greatest benefits to their health.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Aug 19th - 7:03pm
Through two scrimmages, the BYU offense has yet to throw an interception against the team’s defense. But is that good sign for the upcoming season?
Aijaz Rahi, Associated Press | Posted Aug 19th - 6:18pm
Some 800,000 people have been displaced and over 350 have died in the worst flooding in a century in southern India's Kerala state, officials said Sunday, as rescuers searched for people stranded in the worst-affected areas.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 19th - 5:37pm
Federal regulators are alleging that Facebook's advertising tools allow landlords and real estate brokers to engage in housing discrimination.
Nicole Winfield, Associated Press | Posted Aug 19th - 4:50pm
The Italian engineer who designed the Genoa bridge that collapsed and killed dozens warned four decades ago that it would require constant maintenance to remove rust given the effects of corrosion from sea air and pollution on the concrete.
Christina A. Cassidy and Laurie Kellman, Associated Press | Posted Aug 19th - 4:16pm
Women are not just running for office in record numbers this year — they are winning.
Sam Penrod, KSL TV | Posted Aug 19th - 3:22pm
One of the most popular parts of school is recess, but students at one Utah County school had to play indoors on their first day back due to the lingering wildfire smoke along the Wasatch Front.
Jordan Ormond, KSL.com | Posted Aug 19th - 2:40pm
Over 15,000 Rocky Mountain Power customers in Kearns, West Jordan and Taylorsville were without power for several hours Sunday, the company said.
Martha Ostergar, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Aug 19th - 2:24pm
YouTube’s favorite father shows us different “successful” techniques for teaching your baby how to crawl.
Amir Vera, Artemis Moshtaghian and Mariano Castillo, CNN | Posted Aug 19th - 1:44pm
Joel Arrona, a man who was heading to a California hospital with his pregnant wife when U.S. immigration officers detained earlier this week, has an outstanding warrant for homicide charges in Mexico, government officials say.
Ellen Knickmeyer, Associated Press | Posted Aug 19th - 1:24pm
Conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative for the U.S., the Trump administration declares in a major new policy statement that threatens to undermine decades of government campaigns for gas-thrifty cars and other conservation programs.
Lindsey Bahr, Associated Press | Posted Aug 19th - 12:51pm
Glitz won over guns as the gilded romance "Crazy Rich Asians" debuted at No. 1 in North American theaters this weekend, surpassing industry expectations and beating out action-packed fare like "Mile 22."
Paula Hancocks, Yoonjung Seo and James Griffiths, CNN | Posted Aug 19th - 11:58am
Lee Keum-seom hasn't held her son in 68 years. The last time she saw him, Sang Chol was four years old, and together with her husband and their daughter, they were headed south, fleeing the fighting during the early days of the Korean War.
Scott Taylor, Deseret News | Posted Aug 19th - 11:32am
President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says his recent call to identify the church by its full, formal name rather than the nicknames and abbreviations used for more than a century does not constitute a name change but rather a course correction.
Rosidin Sembahulun, Associated Press | Posted Aug 19th - 11:17am
Multiple strong earthquakes cut power across the Indonesian island of Lombok, toppled buildings and killed at least three people as the tourist hotspot was trying to recover from a temblor earlier this month that killed hundreds of people.
- Officials identify Pleasant Grove man found dead on I-80 near Saltair
- U. president decries 'deeply offensive' tweet from comedian David Cross
- Man arrested in changing room voyeurism case
- US says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative
- Idaho chapel finished for church destroyed in 2016 fire
- Low and high carb diets increase risk of early death, study finds
- Man detained while driving pregnant wife to hospital has an arrest warrant in Mexico, ICE says
- 'Old Coots' booth at Downtown Farmers Market offers 'probably bad advice,' creators say
- 'His eyes were pinned on me': Mountain lion stalks, injures Utah bow hunter
- Semi carrying 45K pounds of onions tips over, catches fire
- BYU QBs haven't thrown an interception through 2 fall scrimmages, but is that a double-edged sword?
- Rusnak's stoppage time brace helps Real Salt Lake steal road win at Houston
- Rodriguez's final kick salvages 2-2 draw for Utah Royals FC against league-worst Sky Blue
- Former BYU tight end Daniel Coats out to build first-year Farmington into football winner
- ‘The last straw': Canyonlands park staff close popular False Kiva over latest vandalism incident
- Lincoln Beach in Spanish Fork closed again due to algal bloom
- Wildfire updates: Fire in Sanpete County fully contained; Southern Utah sees hail, flash flooding
- 10 last-minute camping spots to celebrate National S'Mores Day