Hate crimes bill will get hearing this session
Sen. Daniel Thatcher pumped his fist into the air Tuesday after a majority of his fellow Senate Republicans agreed his hate crimes bill should get a committee hearing.
Latest News & Features
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Feb 19th - 5:04pm
Not even southern Utah can escape the snow that continues to pile up throughout the state.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Feb 19th - 4:29pm
High school students may have saved the life of a man who was injured in a crash on Tuesday afternoon, officials say.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Feb 19th - 3:31pm
The alleged triggerman in the shootings of two brothers in Ogden — killing one and critically injuring the other — has been charged.
Rachel Metz, CNN | Posted Feb 19th - 2:31pm
A new artificial intelligence system is so good at composing text that the researchers behind it said they won't release it for fear of how it could be misused.
John Clyde, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Feb 19th - 2:15pm
During a competition at Deer Valley, a skier pulled a double backflip, but he didn't do it to look cool — he did it to avoid getting seriously injured.
Lisa Riley Roche, KSL | Posted Feb 19th - 1:47pm
A bill making what were described as technical changes to the Utah Medical Cannabis Act passed in a special legislative session last year was unanimously advanced by a Senate committee Tuesday.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Feb 19th - 1:16pm
Taylorsville Elementary School was briefly evacuated on Tuesday after a student brought a suspicious device to school.
Amy Joi O'Donoghue, KSL | Posted Feb 19th - 12:47pm
Independent testing at Alta High and Sunrise and Altara elementary schools by a private laboratory show the drinking water is safe, with no elevated levels of lead or copper. The testing was done over the holiday weekend by the Canyon district.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Feb 19th - 12:17pm
A Provo man accused of downloading over 100 pictures and videos of children being molested or sexually tortured has been formally charged.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Feb 19th - 11:55am
A Taylorsville man who was last seen Saturday and was reported missing Monday has been found, according to police.
Julia Horowitz | Posted Feb 19th - 11:41am
JPMorgan Chase's splashy new digital coin could change how banks approach blockchain and cryptocurrency.
Sophie Tatum and Laura Jarrett, CNN | Posted Feb 19th - 11:08am
Congressional leadership did not object when former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe informed them that the FBI had opened a counter-intelligence investigation into President Donald Trump, McCabe said Tuesday.
Lauren Fields, Deseret News | Posted Feb 19th - 10:42am
Here are eight facts you might not know about how this painful period of American history played out in Utah.
Mori Kessler, St. George News | Posted Feb 19th - 10:42am
A judge has denied a motion to dismiss the charges against a teen accused of bringing a homemade explosive device to school last year.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Feb 19th - 10:19am
A 20-year-old man who was critically injured after falling into a trench at a St. George construction site Monday died from his injuries later that day, officials said.
Alex Stambaugh, CNN | Posted Feb 19th - 10:02am
Emojis already light up text messages, social media, advertisements, even a movie. Now they're about to hit Australian roads.
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com | Posted Feb 19th - 9:16am
A search is underway for a 32-year-old father missing for several days in a remote part of Owyhee County.
Eric Tucker, Associated Press | Posted Feb 19th - 8:38am
A Justice Department official says Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is expected to leave his position in the middle of next month.
Jessica Gresko and Mark Sherman, Associated Press | Posted Feb 19th - 8:19am
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was back on the Supreme Court bench on Tuesday, eight weeks after surgery for lung cancer.
- UHP: High school students may have saved a man’s life after he crashed in Salt Lake
- Search underway for man in Idaho mountains after woman, baby are found in stranded truck
- Have You Seen This? Skier pulls double backflip to avoid injury at Deer Valley
- Pics of the Week: Photographic proof your prayers for snow are still being answered
- Missing Taylorsville man found safe at hospital, police say
- Provo man charged in child porn investigation
- Fake grenade prompts real evacuation of Utah elementary school
- Surgeon becomes first in Salt Lake to perform life-changing sleep apnea operation
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020
- Alleged gunman in killing of Ogden man charged
Salt Lake coach Dennis Erickson a fan of new Alliance chairman, investor; Dres Anderson placed on IR
- Girls basketball: Wasatch, Box Elder claim 1st round victories to open 5A tournament
- Girls basketball: Copper Hills, Westlake pull away to set up 6A quarterfinal showdown
- Don't call it an upset: 'Underdogs' Riverton and Lone Peak post blowouts in first round
- Merrell-Giles, Skinner lead Utah gymnastics to 197.125-195.80 win at Stanford