News  /  Sports  / 

Ravell Call, KSL

With signing day Wednesday, here's a look at some of the potential signees

By Kenyon Finch, KSL.com  |  Posted Feb 6th, 2018 @ 10:27am


3

SALT LAKE CITY — As National Signing Day approaches, we take a look at some of the top expected BYU, Utah and Utah State signees.

BYU

The Cougars are expected to sign at least three more players on National Signing Day this Wednesday.

Along with the verbal commitments, Merlin Robertson has had some mutual interest with BYU.

Potential

Merlin Robertson
OLB | 6'3" | 241 lbs.
4 Star Recruit | Junipero Serra HS | Gardena, CA

Robertson has expressed some interest in BYU, but is unlikely to sign there. 247Sports has given Robertson a 62 percent chance of signing with Arizona State.

Hard commits

  • Nathan Latu:
    OLB | 6’4” | 230 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | Olympus HS | Salt Lake City, UT
  • Viliami Tausinga:
    ILB | 6’1” | 210 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | East HS | Salt Lake CIty, UT
  • Isaiah Herron:
    CB | 6’1” | 175 lbs.
    2 Star Recruit | Arbor View HS | Las Vegas, NV

Utah

The University of Utah, has eight players who have verbally committed, and are expected to sign with Utah on Wednesday.

In addition to verbal commitments, some high profile athletes have also expressed interest in Utah, even though Utah is not expected to be their top choice.

Potential:

Penei Sewell:
OT | 6’5” | 349 lbs.
4 Star Recruit | Desert Hill HS | Saint George, UT

The Utah native, has been recruited by top schools such as Alabama, Oregon and USC. Sewell has also expressed some interest in signing with the Utes.

247Sports has given Sewell an 88 percent chance of signing with Oregon, a 6 percent chance of signing with USC, and a 6 percent chance of signing with Alabama.

Solomon Enis:
WR | 6’4” | 190 lbs.
4 Star Recruit | North Canyon HS | Phoenix, AZ

247Sports has given Penn State a 75 percent chance of landing the four star recruit out of Arizona. Enis is, however, also interested in Utah; Utah is given a 12 percent chance of signing Enis on Wednesday.

Hard commits:

  • Hunter Lotulelei:
    OG | 6’2” | 313 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | Highland HS | Salt Lake City, UT
  • Jaren Kump:
    OT | 6’6” | 261 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | Herriman HS | Herriman, UT
  • Jackson Cravens:
    DT | 6’3” | 285 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | Timpview HS | Provo, UT
  • Paul Maile:
    DT, OG | 6’3” | 250 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | East HS | Salt Lake City, UT
  • Andrew Mataafa:
    OLB | 6’4” | 205 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | Mt. Carmel HS | San Diego, CA
  • Blake Kuithe:
    SDE | 6’2” | 230 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | Cinco Ranch HS | Katy, TX
  • Brant Kuithe:
    WR, ATH, TE | 6’2” | 212 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | Cinco Ranch HS | Katy, TX
  • Tevita Fotu:
    TE | 6’4” | 250 lbs.
    3 Star Recruit | Herriman HS | Herriman, UT

Utah State

Utah State is expected to sign at least seven more players on National Signing Day.

Five of the seven players that have given hard commits to Utah State are from the state of Utah.

Along with the verbal commitments, 3-star recruit Jermaine Braddock visited Utah State a couple weeks ago and could sign with them.

Potential:

Jermaine Braddock:
WR | 6’1” | 180 lbs.
3 star recruit | Charter Oak HS | Covina, CA

Braddock is interested in Utah State and Arizona. He officially visited Utah State on January 26, 2018. It's uncertain where he'll sign.

Tyquan Coleman:
CB | 6’0” | 170 lbs.
2 star recruit | Cascade Christian HS | Puyallup, WA

Hard commits:

  • Karene Reid:
    ILB | 6’0” | 205 lbs.
    3 star recruit | Timpview HS | Provo, UT
  • Seni Tuiaki:
    SDE, OG | 6’2” | 251 lbs.
    3 star recruit | East HS | Salt Lake CIty, UT
  • Johnson Hansen:
    OLB, WDE | 6’3” | 247 lbs.
    2 star recruit | East HS | Salt Lake CIty, UT
  • Elijah Shelton:
    WDE | 6’2” | 230 lbs.
    2 star recruit | Highland HS | Salt Lake City, UT
  • Christian Nash:
    S | 6’2” | 190 lbs.
    2 star recruit | East HS | Salt Lake CIty, UT
  • Michael Anyanwu:
    CB | 5’10” | 175 lbs.
    2 star Recruit | Charter Oak HS | Covina, CA
  • Deven Thompkins:
    WR | 5’7” | 160 lbs.
    Dunbar High School | Fort Myers, FL

0 Pending
3
Comments
Sorry, we are not accepting new comments on this story, but if you have more to contribute please email newstip@ksl.com
    Showing of 3 comments
    Sorry, we are not accepting new comments on this story, but if you have more to contribute please email newstip@ksl.com