SALT LAKE CITY — After narrowing down almost 750 submissions to 15 finalists for the KSL.com photo contest, our readers then voted for their favorite Utah photos on Tuesday.
We received hundreds of gorgeous photos from locals that showcased the best and most interesting aspects of Utah’s landscapes. It was difficult to narrow it down to the top 15 and then it was a close race between the finalists during the 24 hours of voting (third and fourth place only had about a 50 vote difference!)
We called the vote at 1 p.m. Wednesday. Here are our top three finalists:
- 1. Tyler Gwilliam (Taken at Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park)
2. Dave Koch (Taken at Antelope Island State Park)
3. Luke Richins (Taken on the Lake Blanche Trail in Big Cottonwood Canyon)
Congratulations to our winners who will receive the following from our photo contest sponsors, Utah.com:
- First place will receive a National Parks Annual Pass (value $80) and Utah.com trucker hat.
- Second place will receive a Utah.com branded HydraPak Backpack and Utah.com trucker hat.
- Third place will receive a $50 REI or Backcountry.com gift card and Utah.com trucker hat.
As of Friday at noon, the poll had almost 15,000 votes.
Thanks to everyone who participated in voting and who submitted photos. We hope you enjoy seeing your photos on KSL.com and Utah.com in future coverage.